Promoting a connection from Home to Academy
The mission of the Home Academy Association is to support and enrich the educational endeavors of the academy. Through fundraising, teacher recognition, support, and school improvements, the organization works to promote a connection from home to academy.
- Provide a vehicle of communication between parents and the academy through a network of homeroom parents.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising activities such as Race for Education, Spring Fling and Winter Party. See Event Calendar
- Organize social opportunities for students and for parents to connect and family pasta dinners.
All parents and guardians of students of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy are members of the HAA and are encouraged to actively participate in the activities of the HAA. Currently the HAA structure is being developed to include the following roles: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, Committee Leader(s). Those interested to serve as one of the above officers will submit their names in writing, in June, to the academy principal, who will organize an election to be held by the end of the school year. Election results will be posted here in September.
CLASS PARENT COORDINATOR:
Paula Deist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The Home Academy is a great way to support the Our lady Of Mercy students and community. Here are a few:
- Volunteer your time for an event (See Event Calendar)
- Chair a Committee (Events, Community Building, Mission)
- Make a donation
- Offer a personal service (do you or someone you know have experience with websites, accounting, data entry, design, crafting, etc. OLMCA may be able to make use of your skillset
- Be a Class Parent (reach out to your teacher)
- Sign Up for lunch duty
- Promote school events through your own networks
- Join monthly meetings (See Calendar)
Please Note: If you are interested in volunteering in the school in any capacity including with the HAA, you must first complete the diocesan Virtus Training.