This month we will learn all about the letters I, J, K, and L. We are moving right along and are excited to learn about the other letters of the alphabet.
Ms. McCann delivered a special package to our classroom-it was an elf straight from the North Pole! He was so cold and frosty and came to us without a name! We voted and decided to name him Marshmallow. We are so excired to have Marshmallow in our classroom.
This month we will take a trip on the Polar Express. We’ll be able to come to school in our pajamas and slippers, drink chocolate milk, and eat cookies. It’s going to be so fun to get into the holiday spirit with our teachers and friends.
Nursery will not forget the true meaning of Christmas as we will make preparations during this Advent season as we await our Lord on Christmas Day.
We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Giving thanks is the theme for November as we show gratitude for our veterans, who selflessly served in our armed services, and our families, who love and care for us. We also give thanks to the Native Americans and Pilgrims who cooperated to create the American holiday of Thanksgiving. This month, the children will host our annual “Thanksgiving Feast” for their families and loved ones. We can’t wait to sing the Thanksgiving songs that we have been practicing. We are so excited to share turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and corn bread with our friends and families!
September is always a busy month for Nursery! This month we will be helping the children settle into their new school. The will become acclimated as they make new friends and grow accustomed to the classroom atmosphere. This month we will learn all about apples, Johnny Appleseed, and the letter A. We look forward to more fun and learning in the months to come!
September 10, 2018
Just a quick letter to welcome you to Nursery! Today we started our first full week of school. We are excited to get to know each and every child and what makes them special and unique.
Some Friendly Reminders:
- Full Day: Please send your child with a healthy snack and lunch.
- Half day: Please send your child with a healthy snack.
- Class dismisses at 2:00 p.m. for full day children every Wednesday.
- Please label EVERYTHING that your child brings to school with his or her name. This applies to snacks, lunch boxes, clothing, backpacks, etc.
- Please send your child with 10 pictures of him or herself to use for class projects.
- Please send back school forms as soon as possible.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are looking forward to a fun and exciting year!
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy!
We look forward to sharing an exciting and fun-filled learning experience with you and your child this year! We have so many fun, educational activities planned that we know your child will love. We look forward to meeting you and your child and starting our journey together!
Some friendly reminders as we prepare to start our year:
- We will meet briefly on Friday, September 7th. This will serve to introduce the children to their new classroom and teachers. Children in the A.M. group — introductions will be from 8:30 a.m to 9:30 a.m. Children in the ALL DAY group — introductions will be from 10:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m.
- Please line up with your child at your designated time on the side of the school building next to the church. We will come to greet and take your child to the classroom at this time.
- We will be providing your child with a folder on Friday. This folder will be used for parent-teacher communication, student work and projects, and important school letters.
- We will need ten wallet size pictures of your child for class projects. Please send these pictures to school as soon as possible.
- Formal letters regarding nursery guidelines, procedures, and information will be distributed at Back to School Night on Tuesday, September 4th.
Remember, we are here to help you feel at ease and answer any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to ask. Get ready for a fun and exciting year!
Miss Debbie and Miss Kristen