February 9, 2018
This month we are learning about some of our U.S. Presidents. We made our very own log cabin and cherry tree to honor 1st president, George Washington and 16th president, Abraham Lincoln. We made them from recycled materials!
February 2, 2018
Happy Groundhog Day! We made a prediction chart about whether the groundhog would see it’s shadow. The groundhog saw it’s shadow which means 6 more weeks of winter!
January 22, 2018
Today we made our our “Arctic Habitat” and played with some animals that live in the arctic such as polar bears, penguins, and seals. We felt the very cold temperatures that these animals feel. Brrrr!
January 15, 2018
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
January 2, 2018
Happy New Year and welcome back! We have so many fun and exciting things planned for this month! Our theme for the month of January is winter and arctic animals. We will be learning all about animals that hibernate during this very cold time. We will even be making our own cave or “Hibernation Station” and bears to go in it. We will also be learning about Martin Luther Kind Jr. and his dream for everyone to live in peace together.
***REMINDER! Our Mystery Reader Program starts this month. Remember to sign up for a date to come to our classroom and read a book to our class!
December 25, 201
December 18, 201
This week is our annual Christmas party! We are so excited to celebrate this wonderful holiday with family and friends. We have done a lot to prepare for this special party. There will be hot chocolate, cookies, brownies, cake, and lots more yummy treats. We can’t wait to see everyone there!
December 14, 2017
All Aboard the Polar Express!
Today we rode on the polar express. We had so much fun!
December 4, 2017
December will be a very busy month for Nursery! We have lots of fun and exciting things planned. We are starting to learn about the true meaning of Christmas and that we celebrate the birth of Jesus on this day. Today we recieved a visit from a special elf! The elf came from Santa’s workshop in the North pole. We took a poll and decided to name our elf Gumdrop! We are very excited for the coming holiday season.
November 23, 2017
This month we had our annual Thanksgiving Feast! We invited family to partake in a big gathering together. There was turkey, stuffing, muffins, pies, cranberry sauce, and so much more! We sang songs and spent time with our family and friends.
November 6, 2017
In honor of Veteran’s Day we worked with the fourth graders to write and decorate cards for the Veterans who protect our country. It was fun to work with the “big kids”! We hope they put a smile on a Veteran’s face.
October 30, 2017
Last week we talked all about pumpkins and the letter E. We investigated pumpkins, read pumpkin stories, and made pumpkin muffins. We even had our own pumpkin patch outside! We were so happy to be able to share in some Fall fun with our friends and family.
Our September Quilt is almost finished!
This month we made our own Chester raccoons and glued our picture to a school house.
September 15, 2017
Nursery 1 has fun with sidewalk chalk!
September 8, 2017
Just a quick letter to welcome you to Nursery! We will start our first full week of school on Monday, September 11th. We cant wait to get to know each and every child and what makes them special and unique.
Some Friendly Reminders:
- Full Day: Please send your child with a healthy snack and lunch.
- Half day: Please send your child with a healthy snack.
- Class dismisses at 2:00 p.m. for full day children every Wednesday.
- Please label EVERYTHING that your child brings to school with his or her name. This applies to snacks, lunch boxes, clothing, backpacks, etc.
- Please send your child with 10 pictures of him or herself to use for class projects.
- Please send back school forms as soon as possible.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are looking forward to a fun and exciting year!
We are excited for an awesome year!
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy!
We look forward to sharing an exciting and fun-filled learning experience with you and your child this year! We have so many fun, educational activities planned that we know your child will love. We look forward to meeting you and your child and starting our journey together!
Some friendly reminders as we prepare to start our year:
- We will meet briefly on Friday, September 8th. This will serve to introduce the children to their new classroom and teachers. Children in the A.M. group — introductions will be from 9:00 a.m to 10:00 a.m. Children in the ALL DAY group — introductions will be from 10:30 a.m to 11:30 a.m.
- Please line up with your child at your designated time on the side of the school building next to the church. We will come to greet and take your child to the classroom at this time.
- We will be providing your child with a folder on Friday. This folder will be used for parent-teacher communication, student work and projects, and important school letters.
- We will need ten wallet size pictures of your child for class projects. Please send these pictures to school as soon as possible.
- Formal letters regarding nursery guidelines, procedures, and information will be distributed at Back to School Night on Tuesday, September 5th.
Remember, we are here to help you feel at ease and answer any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to ask. Get ready for a fun and exciting year!
Miss Debbie and Miss Kristen