This month we are learning all about Light!
We will begin by talking about Groundhogs Day and voting if the Groundhog will see his shadow or not.
When it is sunny out we are going to take a walk to try and find our shadows and even learn to make shadow finger puppets!
We have a lot of interesting books to read such as Round Trip by Ann Jonas, Red Light, Green Light by Anastasia Suen and The Starry Night by Neil Waldman.
We have fun crafts to make such as sun rays, our variations of The Starry Night and even pictures of ourselves with our shadows!
We will also be celebrating Lunar New Year, Valentine’s Day and President’s Day!
2/1- 12:00 pm Dismissal
2/6- Pretzel Day
2/8- Pizza Money Due
2/14- Valentine’s Day
2/18-2/22- Midwinter Recess NO SCHOOL
2/25- Classes Resume
2/27- Pretzel Day
*Here are some helpful reminders for UPK:
- In case your child gets wet or dirty please send in a change of clothing with his/her name on it.
- Clearly mark names on sweaters or jackets to avoid mix ups.
- Please be prompt at arrival and dismissal.
- Check folders regularly for students work, notes, or updates.
- Please send folders and backpacks to school every day.
Religion (Optional) 8:00-8:30 am
Bathroom/Hand washing 8:55-9:05
Morning Meeting 9:05-9:25
Bathroom/Hand washing 10:45-10: 50
Music & Movement 10:50-11:10
Outdoor Play 11:40-12:25pm
Bathroom/ Hand washing 2:20-2:25
Closing Meeting/End of Day 2:40-2:50