New Themes: “Transportation”
Happy New Year to All!
Our new theme begins on January 6, 2020
I have sent a newsletter home describing some activities you can do at home to connect with our theme of Transportation.
To help connect with our Social Studies theme of Transportation here are a few suggestions:
- Take a walk or a drive in the neighborhood. Encourage your child to point out all of the transportation vehicles they see. (ex: car, truck, bus,…..)
- Writing/Phonics: Ask your child to identify the Transportation Vehicle that they like best. Together discover the first letter of the vehicles name. Practice identifying and writing the letter. Example: If train is your favorite…Name the letter T and practice writing the letter T.
- Read books or draw pictures about your favorite type of transportation. Talk to your child about your favorite vehicle. Talk about any special trips that you may have taken on boats, planes, cars,……..
- Technology Connection: Some fun websites related to our transportation theme: www.childfun.com/themes/misc/transport/#Transportation Games and Activities
- There are many other suggestions for our Transportation theme in the newsletter I sent home. I hope that you can enjoy some of them with your child.
If you need to contact me please feel free to send a note in your child’s folder or to email me at email@example.com Thank You!
Our “Specials Schedule” is as follows:
Monday: GYM – 9:00a.m.- 9:30a.m. ***Children Must Wear Sneakers on Gym Days! **** Thanks so much!
Tuesday: Computer – 9:00a.m.- 9:30a.m.
Wednesday: Library – 9:00a.m. – 9:30a.m.
Thursday: Art – 9:00a.m. – 9:30a.m.
Friday: Music: 9:00a.m. – 9:30a.m.
If your child is signed up for our optional Religion Class please line up outside by 8:00a.m. and I will bring the children inside. If your child is beginning the day at 8:30a.m. please line up outside at 8:30a.m and one of the teachers will bring the children inside. Please understand that if your child is not signed up for optional Religion they may not come into the classroom before 8:30a.m.
Keep Checking this Website for more updates! Thanks!
Please label all sweaters, jackets, lunch boxes,…. etc…….. Thanks!