Thank you to all the parents that attended last night’s webinar.
The health and safety of the OLMA community continues to be our priority. The situation regarding COVID-19 is rapidly changing, as is our knowledge of this disease. We encourage everyone in our school communities to listen to facts and not respond to fear.
We understand the importance of limiting the transmission and exposure to the COVID-19 virus by following the “Core Fore” Actions:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Social Distance (6 feet)
- Face Coverings
- Healthy Hand Hygiene
OLMCA Daily DOH Report Card
I would like to share “The COVID-19 Report Card”, an online dashboard that tracks real-time COVID-19 infections and testing operations of every New York school and school district.
To access OLMCA’s report card please see the below link:
The COVID-19 Report Card will provide parents, teachers, students, and all New Yorkers with comprehensive data updated daily, including:
- Positive infections by date of students & staff by school & school district
- Whether school/district (& student and staff) are remote, in-person, or hybrid
- Number of students and staff on-site
- Percentage of on-site students & staff who test positive
- Number of tests administered by the school, test type, lab used and lag time
- Date of last submission/update
Finally, back on June 24th Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 205, requiring all travelers coming from states with significant rates of transmission of COVID-19 to quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of their last contact. This includes school age children. The states that are on this list are fluid and can be found here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
We were given guidance that any child who travels to these states will need to stay home for two weeks. If a family member is under the travel quarantine and cannot self-isolate, meaning separate bathroom facilities and living space , than it would also be recommended that other family members residing in the home would also be under quarantine due to exposure to the individual.
Please note this is not a DOH Guideline, this is an executive order from the Governor that must be followed. It is the school recommendation that children do not travel to these states currently. If this applies to you or you have individual questions, please reach out to me directly at email@example.com.
The ParentLocker app is used exclusively for daily Covid-19 health screenings. The app screens students and staff to make sure anyone showing symptoms stays home.
To get started, visit https://olmca.parentlocker.com/, click the “Activate Account” link under the login box, and enter your activation code in the box that pops up.
If you do not complete the Parent Locker app, you will be notified. Parents will need to pick up any child if the survey is not completed.
Save the Date
- Thursday, October 8th…$1.00 Dress Down
- Monday, October 12th…School Closed for Columbus Day
- Friday, October 16th…Breast Cancer Awareness Dress Down (wear pink)
- Wednesday, October 21st…Unity Day (wear orange)
- Thursday, October 22nd…Progress Reports (Grades 1-8)
- Friday, October 23rd…12:30PM Dismissal (All Grades)
- Friday, October 23rd…Confirmation for Grade 8 at 4PM