Dear Parents and Guardians,
Parent Teacher Conferences
The First Trimester will conclude on Friday, December 3rd. Report Cards will be distributed on Tuesday, December 7th in a sealed envelope to students in Grades K-8.
As with all things in 2021, Parent Teacher Conferences (Grades N-8) will once again look quite differently this year. Parent Teacher Conferences will be conducted remotely on Thursday, December 9th from 1-3pm and 6-8pm. Your child’s teacher will send out notices in advance about scheduling conferences. We will send more information about this shortly.
Please note that accounts must be fully up to date for you to receive your child’s report card. We will be giving courtesy letters to families that are not fully up to date. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Alleva at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-793-2086.
Thursday, December 9thth will be a 12:30PM dismissal for all students. Hot lunch will be served at 11:30 for all students. There will be Extended Care from 12:30PM-5:30PM.
Welcome to the Ms. Astra Bagdziunas
Please join me in welcoming Ms. Astra Bagdzinuas to the OLMCA faculty. Ms. Bagdzinuas will be our new art teacher. As an experienced art teacher, Ms. Bagdzinuas works with the junior high students of Holy Child Jesus Catholic Academy. She even hosts online drawing club on the weekends. I am excited to welcome her to the staff and see how she will continue to build upon the wonderful work of Mrs. T.
Student Vaccine Information
Please be advised that the Covid-19 vaccine for children is not mandated. However, to follow the NYS DOH Screen Testing and to assist in situations of identifying those individuals who may need to quarantine, schools are being asked to collect the vaccination status of their students who are aged 5 years or older.
We kindly request that you complete the attached form and return it in a sealed envelope to Ms. McCann’s attention by Wednesday, November 24th. This information is confidential and will not be shared with anyone. If your child’s vaccination status changes throughout the school year, we ask that you update the office with this information.
NYC Run Vaccine Sites:
- City-run vaccine sites will offer vaccines for children aged 5+ starting, 11/4.
- Refer families to gov/vaccinefinderand search “Pfizer 5-11” under vaccine type for a site that administers to this age group.
- Families can also call 877-VAX4-NYC to find sites across the city offering appointments or walk-up vaccines at no cost.
- New York City is working to ensure that health care providers, including pediatricians and pharmacies, across the City have access to vaccine supply for children. These providers will likely start coming online over the course of this week, families can check with their doctor, local pharmacy or nyc.gov/vaccinefinder.
NYC DOE Vaccine Sites:
- There will be over 1,000 pop up vaccination sites at DOE schools starting on Monday, November 8th, some of which will be inside the school building and some of which will be outside of the school building, for example, on a mobile bus.
- Sites that are set up inside the school building will be limited to DOE students at that school, while sites that are outside of the school building may be able to accommodate children ages 5-11 who do not attend the school.
- Families can call the school to verify. A list of schools can be found on the DOE website.
Operation Christmas Child
By: Isabella Alleva, Grade 8
Operation Christmas Child was super successful with around 130 boxes, currently! I have extended my goal to 150 shoeboxes because of all the donations received. Due to the success of “Boos” fundraiser, we were able to raise $1570.98 for additional toys and supplies. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this wonderful and exciting service project. It brings tears to my eyes every time I look at the mountain of shoeboxes in the office. Thank you again for all your generosity and support, it truly will be a blessed Christmas for all!
THANKSGIVING RAFFLE -BLOCKBUSTER ITEMS
Please see Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy’s Thanksgiving Raffle! $10 per chance/ $50 for 8 chances.
Two Free Round Trip Jet Blue tickets; Thanksgiving Dinner with turkey and trimmings for 8-10 people; and sleek Vera Bradley backpack. Fill out your tickets and return to school or rectory with cash OR check payable to Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy by Tuesday, Nov. 16. Live Facebook Drawing 1 PM, Wednesday, Nov. 17. See flyer for details. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED GENEROSITY!