Christ is Risen: OLMCA Winners
Out of 300 entries and 25 schools, we are so thrilled to announce that OLMCA had three winners. The students were tasked to create a drawing of “Christ is Risen.” Students had to use symbols and their knowledge of the Bible to render this powerful Easter imagery. Students experimented with different mediums as they deepened spiritual connection with Jesus.
- Sara Mendieta (Grade 4)
- Angelina Pustovoytov (Grade 6)
- Gabriel Grzymkowski (Grade 7)
The students and their families attended a special ceremony to honor their beautiful artwork. Congratulations to our winners and all the students that submitted their work. A tremendous thank you to Ms. Paz for organizing this exciting project for our student.
Reporting a Positive Covid-19 Case
As a reminder, if your child or a member of the household tests positive for Covid-19, please contact Ms. McCann and Ms. Hinkson by email or phone.
How to Isolate
- Stay home, in a separate room from other household members, if possible, for at least 5 days from onset of symptoms or positive test date, whichever came first.
- Isolate for at least 5 days, if symptoms persist a longer isolation will be required.
- Return from Isolation after a minimum of 5 days and the following: (Positive Test date or Symptom Onset Date is Day 0)
- Fever free for 24 hours with no fever reducing medication
- Symptoms are improving
- Licensed Healthcare Provider Note, dated after Day 5, stating the individual can safely return to in person instruction
- REQUIRED: To wear a face covering while at school/work for Days 6-10 after returning to school/work after testing positive for COVID-19.
Professional Day: May 20th
Friday, May 20th is a Professional Day for Nursery (Ms. Debbie) and Grades K-8. It is a regular instructional day for PreK. The Breakfast and After school program are still available for our 3K (Ms. Alyssa Loscalzo) and PreK for All students.
Race for Education: Update
Many thanks to all those who have helped make a great start for our 15th Annual Race for Education! Thanks to your generosity we are more than 37% of the way toward our goal of $25,000 to fund new purchases for our school gymnasium and technology program. Congratulations to Lucas Holloway and Alexandra Acierno-Romano for leading the way with the most paid sponsorships so far!
Just a few reminders: the next early return day is Tuesday, May 24th. Return your sponsorship form with a minimum paid donation of $25 and receive 2 NUT cards!! Please remember to return sponsorships as soon as possible. If you returned a pledge sheet, please begin to collect payments and send in as well. Remember every little bit helps! Our goal is to have every student return at least 1 sponsorship!
The first class that has 100% fundraising participation will get to dump buckets of freezing cold ice water over teachers and staff of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy on the race day! Fourth Grade continues to lead the way! We have confirmed Ms. McCann, Mr. Wise, Mr. Duffy, Mrs. Beadle, and Mrs. Hoffman for the faculty. Which teachers should we add next?
Newly Announced Teachers to be Dunked: Mrs. Cuccio and Mrs. Ray
We are also looking for volunteers to help organize both the morning of the Race as well as the days before. We are so excited to have the barbecue back and restore the Race to its fully glory! Please contact Mrs. Paula Deist at email@example.com to see how you can help!
Be sure to share the Giving Zone link with your family and friends! Here is the link: https://www.givingzone.com/project/pTcynmcRcH/olm-catholic-academy-15th-annual-race-for-education
Thank you all for your continued generosity and support. Looking forward to a fun race day!
Spring Concert Update
Due to the rise in Covid-19 cases this month, we have decided that it is in the best interest of the safety of the students and staff to change the format of our upcoming Spring concert.
- The concert will now take place on Thursday, May 26th at 1:30pm.
- Students in grades K-5 will attend with their classes but, unfortunately, we will not be able to admit families to attend in person at this time.
- We will be recording the concert to share with you afterwards.
- The updated dress code for your students is as follows:
- School uniform (NO gym uniforms, please)
- Crazy socks (for Spirit Week!)
- One brightly colored accessory (optional)
Thank you for your understanding. We hope you are able to tune in!