NYC DOHMH Update
As you have heard from Mayor DeBlasio there is a spike in COVID -19 cases within certain zip codes within NYC. A memo was sent from the NYC DOHMH to all schools located within those zip codes about compliance with all safety and health codes, compliance inspections and penalty for non-compliance.
The eight ZIP codes are:
- 11204 (Bensonhurst/Mapleton)
- 11210 (Flatlands/Midwood)
- 11219 (Borough Park)
- 11223 (Gravesend/Homecrest)
- 11229 (Gerritsen Beach/Homecrest/Sheepshead Bay)
- 11230 (Midwood)
- 11415 (Kew Gardens)
- 11691 (Edgemere/Far Rockaway)
This is an opportunity for OLMCA to review the school’s safety and health protocols with the faculty, staff, students, and parents and to ensure that everyone understands and continues to follow the health and safety protocols and guidelines.
You can help keep your school community safe and healthy by following these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if sick: Monitor your health and stay home if you are sick except for getting essential medical care (including COVID-19 testing) and other essential needs.
- Physical distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
- Wear a face covering: Protect those around you. Wearing a face covering helps reduce the spread of COVID-19, especially if you are sick and do not have symptoms. For more information about face coverings, visit nyc.gov/health/coronavirus and look for “FAQ About Face Coverings.”
- Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available; clean frequently touched surfaces regularly; avoid touching your face with unwashed hands; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.