As we near the end of our third week of distance learning, I would like to share again my sincere thankfulness and appreciation for your enduring support and faith through these uncertain times. We are all facing many challenges these days, but together in faith we will endure.
You recently received the revised Instructional Schedule from your child’s Catholic Academy/Parish School. Please note, your child(ren) will continue to receive distance learning activities each day (Monday through Friday), through a variety of methodologies, as we introduce new ways of enhancing the distance learning experience, to enhance student learning. Please continue to monitor your Catholic Academies/Parish Schools websites and communication links for additional information.
Through the COVID-19 pandemic the Office of the Superintendent~Catholic School Support Services, in partnership with all city, state and federal agencies, is seeking ways to assist the Catholic Academies and Parish Schools within the Diocese of Brooklyn.
- In accordance with state and federal guidelines regarding social distancing, all Catholic Academies and Parish Schools will remain closed, and distance learning will continue through April 30, 2020.
- Parish Schools and Catholic Academies within the Diocese of Brooklyn will be observing Easter break, commencing Holy Thursday, April 9, 2020 through Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Please note that Pre-K for All will not be in session on Thursday, April 9th and Friday, April 10th. Teachers will be observing the religious holidays. The teachers will share activities for the week of April 13th.
- For the Easter break Catholic Academies and Parish School will be sharing creative virtual resources. Additional support for parents can be found at; https://news.catholicschoolsbq.org/
- As we prepare for Palm Sunday, if possible, please find time for your family to watch Mass LIVE, on NET TV. Information on time schedules, the various languages liturgies will be celebrated in, as well as a listing of pre-recorded Masses can be found at: https://dioceseofbrooklyn.org/masses/.
Let us continue to pray for each other!
God, we place before You the disease present in our world.
We turn to You in our time of need.
Bring wisdom to doctors.
Give understanding to scientists.
Endow caregivers with compassion and generosity.
Bring healing to those who are ill.
Protect those who are most at risk.
Give comfort to those who have lost a loved one.
Welcome those who have died into Your Eternal Home.
Stabilize our communities.
Unite us in our compassion.
Remove all fear from our hearts.
Fill us with confidence in Your care.
Jesus, I trust in You.
We seek the intercession of the Holy Spirit to continue to watch over and protect us.
Continued prayers for everyone!
Thomas Chadzutko, Ed.D.
Superintendent~Catholic School Support Services